The Foundation for FCPS is proud to fund innovative teacher grants that bring workforce development and career readiness into the classroom. In the first two years of the program, 73 grants were awarded, impacting nearly 20,000 FCPS students. (See a full list of our 2019-2020 grant recipients HERE)
The 2020-21 Grant application deadline has been extended
until June 15.
Award Amounts: $1,000 - $2,500
Please read the information below, then scroll to the bottom to access the online application portal
What to Know Before You Apply
- Applicants must be full-time FCPS staff members (i.e. classroom teachers, librarians, guidance counselors, instructional or administrative staff.)
- Applications should reflect Portrait of a Graduate attributes.
- Applications should focus on developing or enhancing work-based learning or career exploration opportunities (see Work Based Learning Continuum graphic below).
- Any technology requested must have the support of FCPS IT.
- Grant recipients must use the funds for the intended purpose. Any unused funds in excess of $50 must be returned to the Foundation.
The Foundation for FCPS funds grants that:
- Are innovative and creative
- Have specific measurable outcomes for work-based learning
- Impact as many students as possible
- Supplement or enhance the standard curriculum and teaching methods
- Are replicable and sustainable
Funds may not be used for:
Timeline for Grant Awards:
June 15, 2020: Application deadline:
Summer 2020: Notification of decision
August 2020: Funds will be disbursed
May 31, 2021: A report describing the impact of the project will be due to the Foundation