The Foundation for FCPS is proud to fund innovative teacher grants that bring workforce development and career readiness into the classroom. In the first two years of the program, 73 grants were awarded, impacting nearly 20,000 FCPS students. (See a full list of our 2019-2020 grant recipients HERE)
Due to challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, we have temporarily disabled the portal for our 2020-21 grant cycle
Amid the uncertainty regarding the return to school scenario for the 2020-21 school year, we have made the decision to suspend the application process. As we identify a new strategy moving forward, we will communicate any revisions to our funding focus and priorities.
If you have already submitted a grant for the 2020-21 school year, you will be given the chance to modify your proposal based on the new guidelines.
Thank you for your patience in this process.
What to Know Before You Apply
* denotes new or revised guideline
- Applicants must be full-time FCPS staff members (i.e. classroom teachers, librarians, guidance counselors, instructional or administrative staff.)
- Applications should reflect Portrait of a Graduate attributes.
- Applications should focus on innovative and creative enhancements to virtual learning and student engagement or student social/emotional wellbeing*
- Any technology requested must have the support of FCPS IT.
- Grant recipients must use the funds for the intended purpose. Any unused funds in excess of $50 must be returned to the Foundation.
The Foundation for FCPS funds grants that:
- Are innovative and creative
- Have specific measurable outcomes
- Impact as many students as possible
- Supplement or enhance the standard curriculum and teaching methods
- Are replicable and sustainable
Funds may not be used for:
Timeline for Grant Awards:
July 31, 2020: Application deadline:
Late Summer 2020: Notification of decision
Early Fall 2020: Funds will be disbursed
May 31, 2021: A report describing the impact of the project will be due to the Foundation