The Foundation for FCPS funds innovative teacher grants that bring creativity and engagement into the classroom. In the first two years of the program, 73 grants were awarded, impacting nearly 20,000 FCPS students.
In response to the myriad challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, we have modified our funding priorities for the 2021-22 grant cycle.
The Foundation will provide grants of up to $1,500 to support teachers in three areas, continuity of learning, building or recovery of math and literacy skills, or social-emotional learning.
Please see below for detailed grant guidelines.
Guidelines and Information
- Applicants must be full-time FCPS staff members (i.e. classroom teachers, librarians, guidance counselors, instructional or administrative staff.)
- Applications should reflect Portrait of a Graduate attributes
- Applications should focus on one of three areas:
- literacy and math skills building or recovery;
- creative enhancements to continuity of learning and student engagement; or
- student social/emotional learning.
- Any technology requested must have the support of FCPS IT.
- Grant recipients must use the funds for the intended purpose.
- Unused funds in excess of $50 must be returned to the Foundation.
The Foundation for FCPS funds grants that:
- Are innovative and creative
- Have specific measurable outcomes
- Supplement or enhance the standard curriculum and teaching methods
- Aid in skills recovery, continuity of learning or assist with social-emotional learning as schools open after Covid-19
Funds may not be used for:
- Building or diversifying classroom libraries
- Math manipulatives or hands-on math kits for home
- Tool kits for continued distance learning
- Positive behavior interventions
- Sensory tools
Timeline for Grant Awards:
March 22 - April 23, 2021: Applications accepted
June 2021: Notification of decision
August 2021: Funds disbursed to schools
May 31, 2022: A report describing the impact of the project will be due to the Foundation