Your contributions have made it smoother for some of our neediest students. With your help, the Foundation’s “Access for All” fund has raised over $175,000 since March 13. The money has been used to :
* assist FCPS in delivering 30,000 school supply kits directly to students in Title I schools.
* purchase mobile wifi connections so students can learn at home.
* provide grocery gift cards for homeless or unaccompanied youth in FCPS.
* provide free adult meals to over 2,000 people at the FCPS Grab & Go sites.
* assist local food banks with funds to purchase food to be distributed to FCPS families.
Your response to “Access for All” has been heart-warming and gratifying. Thank you. The need is on-going and your continued support is much appreciated.
Funds raised at the Foundation will help to provide ACCESS for the nearly 60,000 students who live in poverty. These students need access to technology, school supplies, and connectivity, as well as nutrition.
FCPS and Food and Nutrition Services are providing “Grab and Go” meals at many sites and through bus route distribution. A listing of all food resources, including non-profit organizations that provide food assistance, in every area of the county are listed on the FCPS website.